My elder brother had an amazing dress sense! We lost him many years ago… dead, but still alive, living daily in our hearts.
He wrote a lot too! Some unforgettable memories still come to mind… one day, sitting on the porch together, he read to me from some of his masterpieces… I have all his writings on my shelf, I treasure them greatly… “The Beacon” is my best yet, i carry it every where i go.
Though recluse, he always seemed to be readily available when we needed him. My parents treated him with such veneration, mum never failed to remind us to copy him. I especially, was his favorite or so I thought, Timothy felt like the favorite one too… He had a pet name for all of us!
He always had the right words to say when we came with all our baggage, he soon became our family lawyer! His lips were laced with Grace… I miss him! I miss him terribly!
His dress sense was exceptional! He was the first man I saw who always dressed with a shawl around his neck and a hat to match. His belt was always same color with his shoes… I wondered how and when he had the time… my siblings and I bugged him without end to open a fashion house and bring value to his creativity. Apparently, being a writer mattered most to him… so he wrote. He wrote everyday!
Two weeks ago, I was reading “the Beacon” for the umpteenth time and then gbam! Light bulb! I knew what I must do. In the sixth chapter, he spoke of dressing up as being analogous to getting ready for warfare. He elucidated further on the distinguishing of an individual from a uniformed officer and how that victory is won by considering every apparel detail…
So I knew i would start a fashion blog as a tribute to him and a constant reminder for the family. I would call it “ASOEBI” originally meaning, “family cloth”. It will provide tips on the appropriate outfit to wear for any/every occasion and as a bonus, would also provide the most current accessories!
One time he told me, “your dressing identifies you as a member of this family.”
So, here’s to my brother, mentor, teacher and friend still living on…
Credits; These are the words of my brother Paul the Apostle written esoterically for the Church-the body of Christ, God’s own family. I hope you find just what you seek… you are family!
PAUL’S DRESS SENSE
1. Romans 13:12; “The night is nearly over, the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.”
2. 1Thessalonians 5:8; “But since we belong to the day, let us be self controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate and the hope of salvation.”
3.Ephesians 6:11; “Put on the whole armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.”
4. Ephesians 4:24; “And to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”
5. Rom 13:14; “Rather clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.”
6. Galatians 3:27; “All of us who are baptized into Christ, have clothed ourselves with Christ.”
7. Colossians 3:10; “And have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its creator.”
8. Colossians 3: 12; “Therefore as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.”
For more of Apostle Paul’s writings, please read your Bible. It’ll change your life forever! Love, Grace and Peace.